Thursday, August 30, 2012

50 years!

So last Saturday the 25th Craigs grandparents celebrated 50 years of marriage! I have never known anyone to be married this long. It has renewed my testimony about marriage. Its no longer a theory in my mind. I now have physical proof that marriage can last forever. I am grateful for them and for their example of how marriage is supposed to be in this world where its tossed around like the trash. I hate how marriage now is just viewed as something that you can through out if it doesnt work. I hate how people get married and then 3 days later they decide they dont want it anymore. Now I do understand that there are certain situations where divorce is necessary but going into a marriage thinking "Oh its okay if this doesnt work out. I can always get a divorce." isnt the way you should think. Marriage is a promise not only to each other but to God. I am grateful for my husband who also believes this. I am grateful that I know one day we will be where his grandparents are and celebrating our 50th! I love you Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment