Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Presents for Carter!


Elliana has a friend from Primary named Carter. Carter was born with only half a heart. He needed a transplant. On December 4th his mom Jessica got the call that a heart had become available for Carter. This is the best gift Carter got by far. But another fantastic gift he was given was to have Elliana has his friend. I dont want to brag because I know that her kind heart wasnt a result of just me but also the Lord. She has been praying for Carter everyday sense she learned he was sick. Now we pray for a fast recovery. Carter is still in the hospital. He will not be able to return home for Christmas. This is heartbreaking for Elliana. When she learned this... Her response was "I will just pray harder for him." This has humbled every cell in my body. Her faith that the Lord can help her friend is beyond anything. We have been able to go up and see Carter. We got to give him a Spiderman blanket. I have heard he loves it! :) Elliana was very happy she got to play with Carter and make his whole day better! He played with the kids for about an hour. And Jessica I think enjoyed the adult conversation. My heart goes out to this family right now. I know the Lord will bless them for enduring all they have. Their faith is strong and so they are a great example to me. We love you McOmie family!

No comments:

Post a Comment