Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elliana and her Casts!




Elliana was having a fun time jumping off the couch on evening at the end of Feb. She was jumping onto a bean bag. She missed and started screaming! You all know the scream of terror when your child has hurt themselves badly. The next day she was limping still so I called the dr. She had an appointment at 10. Craig took her to the dr and he asked us to wait it out the weekend because he didnt want to expose her to any radiation because she is so young. Well that was the weekend we lost the baby. Not fun cause she couldnt walk. Well come Monday I called the dr and took her up there. The dr ordered the x rays and we went over there as soon as we were done. Later that night we got the phone call that her leg had a fracture on the tibia. So the next day we went in and had it cast put on. She wore that for 4 weeks. It was hard to bathe her and everything but we made it. She got her cast off the beginning of April.
Two days later she was sitting on the arm of the couch and lost her balance due to the fact she wasnt used to being without the cast on her leg. She fell off and smacked her arm on the coffee table. And again I hear that scream! I was babysitting that evening and had too many kids to take them all to the ER. She wouldnt stop crying because it hurt so bad! Well Craig came home from school and took her. Come to find out she broke both of the bones in her arm. Where was Craig and I during all of this? I was taking a bath when she broke her leg and Craig was in the midst of telling her to stop jumping off the couch. I was in the bathroom for 30 seconds when she broke her arm and Craig was at school! I am convinced she has my balance and Craigs bones! She has now gone 2 weeks with no casts! We are VERY proud of her! I have decided that I cannot go potty without her! She was a real trooper and she is happy and healthy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment