Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zacharys Birth Story!



So I know that Zachary is over a week old but I wanted to share my birth story. We got to the hospital on time 11:00am. They took me into a room and had me get into a gown. While in the bathroom I took a min to talk to my belly. I told the baby I was so happy to finally meet them and I was excited. But then I started to have some anxiaty. What if this was my last baby? What if this was it? I prayed to my Heavenly Father and asked him if he could comfort me. I think had a feeling that we have at least one more up there waiting for us. After I got dressed they hooked me up to the monitors and got my IV started. I was then prepared for surgery. I was worried there would be a lot of waiting. But there wasnt. It seemed to go by so fast! Before I knew it I was walking back to the OR. Once there I layed on the table. The dr then put in the spinal block. I was scared to death! Craig couldnt come in yet so I was by myself. I then was comforted again. Out of the blue I thought popped into my head. It was of my Grandparents holding hands. It was my biggest comfort. After they did the spinal block the brought Craig in. I was so happy to see his face. Once they made sure I was numb they started. I could feel a lot of tugging but no pain (which was a fear I had after Ellianas c section where I could feel everything). I was very anxious to have the baby. I waited and waited. Then I heard it. The first cry of my baby! Then Craig said.... "Its a boy!" Then the assisting dr came over and showed me little Zachary all blue and gooy but crying! Craig followed them over to weigh him and clean him up a bit. He took pictures for me! They even yelled out the weight! Then I got to touch my baby! He was beautiful! I couldnt believe how beautiful he was! I feel in love with him the moment I saw him! He was also very alert. So I got to see his eyes right off! After a long moment with the baby I was ready to go back to my room. They loaded me on a comfortable bed and wheeled me back to my room. There I was able to hold him and nurse him for the first time. It was magical. Although I have always wanted a natural birth this was the perfect birth that I have always wanted. I just didnt know I wanted it until I had it. I got everything I have always wanted out of child birth. I wasnt in pain, I got to see my baby all gooy, I was well taken care of, and I got to nurse him when I was ready to. The whole experiance was magical and like a dream! Zachary I love you and I am so glad that you chose our family!

1 comment:

  1. I just love birth stories!! And I know what you mean about his birth not being natural, but being what you wanted. I never thought I'd have to go through a C-section (now I've had 2). They terrified me! But after much prayer, I was comforted and reassured that it didn't matter how my babies got to this earth, as long as they were healthy and happy, I was truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete